Tuesday, December 4, 2018

I chose Jerusalem. My Name is there.

Within the Judaic and the Messianic Jewish community, there is a statement, a pledge of allegiance recited at the beginning of every day and before bedtime. It is also said before daily prayers and when praising God and beseeching Him. It is called the Sh'ma. It goes like this:

Shema Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai Echad.

Hear, O Israel, the Eternal is our God, the Eternal is One.

In Devarim, Deuteronomy 6, we are commanded to write this upon our doorstep and gates. Since the beginning, the Jewish people have made small containers, called a Mezuzah, and attached them to their doors and gates. The Sh'ma is written on a parchment and inserted into the Mezuzah. On these Mezuzah, the Hebrew letter Shin is inscribed. Shin is the first letter of Shaddai, the Almighty. Within the Jewish community, the pronunciation of the name of God is prohibited. Therefore, the name, El Shaddai, is held up in great reverence. The letter shin looks like this:



An interesting alternate ancient rendering of Shin is:



Another interesting piece of information is that in 2 Divrei ha-Yamim, 2 Chronicles 6:6, God says, 

"I chose Jerusalem. My Name is there."

God stated this, before Israel was in the land. Yahweh is saying that his name is already there.

Another amazing fact, is that, in a literal reading of Deuteronomy 12:11, God states that he is in that place. Then he states his name, as to stamp his claim, upon the place. Then goes on to say that Elohim chose his name to dwell there, signifying that his name has been there, from the beginning. 

"I am (I exist) in that place. Yahweh. Elohim chose his name to dwell there." 

Now, I am a firm literalist. I believe that God says what he means and means what he says. In his Word, all things are to be taken literally, first, as our anchor to reality. 

So, with all that said, it begs the questions, "Is God literally there?" or "Is God's Name literally there?". I will not go into the first question, within this post, but the answer is "Yes", to both questions.

As mentioned earlier, the Jews, out of extreme reverence, towards God's Name, use the name, Shaddai, instead of Yahweh. They use the Hebrew letter "Shin", as an abbreviation. Is God's Name really in Jerusalem, upon Mt. Zion? I'll let you decide while looking at the following topographical picture of Mt. Zion. I think you know what I think.

Some will say that it's a coincidence. However, after a while, coincidences are evidence of design.




16 comments:

  1. Keith, this is lovely what you have written here. I say 'Yes, His name is there', and only God could have had that Hebrew letter formed on the top of Mount Zion to confirm His Word. You know I love everything about the Jews, and I firmly believe that the church is the Israel of God.
    God bless you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brenda, the Hebrew language is amazing and we haven't found all the meanings. God is amazing. Every time you think that you've exhausted the Word of God, he surprises us with things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing. So cool. This is something to put on Facebook. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Keith, I have several books regarding the Hebrew language and the meanings of the words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Chris, I totally agree on both points. I am working on the YouTube. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Brenda, I have found at least seven levels of understanding, within the Bible itself. I'm finding that the Hebrew language has an equal depth to it. Many Christians have wondered out loud to me, 'What will we do for eternity?'. Well, one thing would be to continue to study God's Word and it's many levels of understanding. In the same way, a man or woman explores their spouse, we will explore God. I honestly think it will be inexhaustible. Your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a Jew. This is a great confirmation of who G_D is and that he indeed claims a small amount of real estate as his own. That real estate is Jerusalem and Israel. From the River to the Sea, this is home to me. Amen and Shalom. Even though we don't agree as to who the Messiah is, I think that we both agree that soon the Messiah will come and set things right. Amen and Shalom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Keith again,
    I find many things in the Bible fascinating. I was looking up how old Adam was when he died the other day and saw that he was 930. Then I found that Matthew ch. 1 was the 930th chapter in the Bible. Is this coincidence, that it begins with talking about the genealogy of Jesus, the Messiah, It reminds me of the fact that the old has gone (the first Adam of flesh)the new has come (the second Adam, Y'shua, of the Spirit). Even the 930th verse in Isaiah 45 is speaking spiritually of Jesus, (if we think of Whom God has made our Lord),coming into being as the One Who God has appointed to bring deliverance.
    What are the seven levels of understanding within the Bible Keith? I wish my my mum's parents were alive now, as they were Jews and they would teach me much about the language. However, I am sure you can do that too, but I find that there is much in numbers regarding the language.
    As for what we will do for eternity?, after having my NDE and being taken to what I believe was the third heaven, paradise, I do not have to worry about what I will do for eternity as I can not describe the beauty, and love I felt there. I do wonder how many heavens there are, as the third heaven that Paul speaks about is also referred to as Paradise some verses down. The Bible says, I believe in Revelation ch. 22, that knowledge will be increased in the end times, so we will wait on the Lord and see eh?
    I like Matthew ch. 7 vs. 7 and 8.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Annonymous, Thanks for your comment. I totally agree with you that G_D has set apart a piece of real estate, to call his own and that is Israel. I believe there is much more than meets the eye, when it comes to Jerusalem, Israel and the presence of G_D. There is so much to learn about our G_D. I hope you stay around and share what G_D has given you. Shalom. Also, I agree and hope that the Messiah is coming soon. I would love to discuss with you about the Messiah, if you would like to. Shalom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Brenda, There are many "coincidences", in the Bible. For me, there are no coincidences, in the Bible, they are evidence of design. Every time, we find things like the 930th chapter or the Shin written on Mt. Zion, the faith of the Remnant is increased. Praise God! It shows that God knows that we are weak and our faith needs to be supported and boosted. As for teaching, I believe God has given us a great gift, to be alive during this time of expounded revelation. More than any generation before, our faith is being attacked both physically, intellectually and spiritually. These things that we learn together has given us a "faith booster shot", so we can be assured that God and the Messiah is exactly who the Bible says they are and we are in the end times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't say YouTube, even though that would be a great idea. I meant that I shared it on Facebook. I like what you said to Brenda. There are no coincidences. They are evidence of design. Amen Brother Amen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man, Chris, I must be getting old. I could have sworn that your first comment said YouTube. :-) LOL Thanks, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Keith and Chris, when I say or write 'Is this coincidence?' I am saying the same as if I had said or written 'This is no coincidence'. Maybe the Welsh speak in a different way than the Americans eh? :-) Bore da.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Brenda, Maybe I didn't convey it properly, but I was being facetious about "coincidences" in the Bible. That's why I put it in quotes. The world says coincidences, but fails to see that they cannot continue to say coincidence, after so many appear. To me, that shows design and that God is winking his eye.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's right Keith, God has a perfect plan and everyday of our lives is even written in His book before one of them was formed. He knew we were all going to interact on the blog, and even gave me a poem years before I even knew anything about blogs, which ended 'and when you've learned your Father's ways - each day to you revealed
    Then you too will show the world just how my love is sealed.
    It did not make sense to me at all, and would never have entered my head that I would have been blogging years later.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't believe in coincidences. :)

    ReplyDelete