Thursday, September 10, 2009

Prayer, Praise and Worship. Part One

PRAYER

As you already know, Prayer is simply communicating with G-d. What you probably are not aware of is that it is a two way communication. It is easy to talk to G-d, but we need to talk with G-d.

As Christians, we normally conduct our prayers in a manner where G-d can’t get a word in edgewise. We ramble on without any desire to hear what G-d has to say. I prayed that way for years. Thinking back, I kind of wonder if G-d was sitting there saying, “Yada, Yada, Yada.” Of course, he wasn’t, but I wouldn’t blame him if he did.

In reality, G-d is a great listener and loves to hear from you. However, as I said before, prayer is a two way street. To get the full benefit, you have to be willing to sit there and listen too.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! Sometimes the truth hurts. I, for one, do not listen enough. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete