Sunday, August 22, 2010

Talk With Me not To Me

Have you been with people who ramble on and on in their prayer?

Have you notice that some fill in any pauses with Father, God, Lord, Father_God. etc.?

Their ramblings are full of nice standard phrases and accepted varying tones like Robert Schuller or monotone without any nuances whatsoever. Let me stop and say that I'm not saying that these people are not saved or believers. They are just stuck in a rut.

G-d does not want you to talk at him but he wants you to talk with him. He loves to hear his Word used in your prayer but he doesn't want you preaching at him. Record yourselves sometimes, you'll be surprised.

I know. I have wrote about this before, about a year ago.

But it is a big pet peeve of G-ds. Sometimes, you can hear him say "Shut Up Already...Aren't going to let me get a word in?"

Let me finish by saying that G-d loves to listen. But he wants you to take a chill pill, relax and listen to what he has to say sometimes. You never know....you may learn something or at least hear him say, "I Love You" and "I'll be back soon."

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment